Minor words can cause havoc! Website owners know that powerful content is the key to their success. Carefully selected words that are clear, concise, easy to read – that’s what it’s all about. New websites and blogs are popping up like rabbits everyday trying to capture the attention of new readers. The buzz is all about what works and what doesn’t work, and it seems that some of the major websites have it all figured out – a sure-fire way to get the attention of their readers. How do they do it? What minor words can make heads turn? Misspelled ones – oh yes the dreaded embarrassing blunders! I can only share errors do cause costly mistakes. Finding just one thing wrong visitors move on, which can put a kink in popularity and revenues. Any content that is going to published is too important to have errors – those silly slip-ups, embarrassing mistakes, and costly blunders that could have been avoided. Don’t let this happen to you. Before you publish anything, make sure you read below. Before rushing to publish, review your material carefully. Double-check and yes, even triple-check it! Here are the tips shared by the professionals.
- Don’t rely entirely on your spell checker.
- Don’t go it alone, use the help of a friend or proofreader.
- One word at a time, thoroughly proofread your content.
- Printed copy vs. reading from your computer screen is the most effective.
- Proofreading with a fresh pair of eyes is the best way to find costly mistakes and inconsistencies.
- Read your page backwards, which will make you slow down and look at each word individually.
Protect your reputation and keep your visitors coming back. With a few simple steps, you can maintain trust with your current clients and create positive relationships with new ones. Did you find the errors? Try it again. Tell a friend!
Edit-Write-101 Editorial & Design Solutions
One-Stop-Affordable-Source for Editing, Writing & Website Design Services